The Institute of Banking Personnel (IBPS) sets the IBPS PO Exam Pattern. IBPS PO Exam Pattern 2022 comprises three stages viz. Preliminary exam, Main Exam, and Interview Round. The IBPS PO syllabus for Prelims and Mains are released with the official notification. English, Quantitative Aptitude, and Reasoning Ability sections are found in both Prelims and Main exams. However, the syllabus for Prelims is different from that of Mains.
IBPS PO Exam Pattern 2022 Highlights
|Number of Stages||3 (Prelims, Main and Interview Round)|
|Exam Duration for Preliminary Round||1 hour (60 minutes)|
|Exam Duration for Main Round||3 hours 30 minutes (210 minutes)|
|Type of Questions||MCQs (Additional Descriptive paper in Main Paper)|
|Exam Mode||Prelims- Online,|
Main Exam- Both Online and Offline
|IBPS PO 2022 Interview Maximum Marks||100|
|Minimum Qualifying Marks for the Interview||40% (35% for Reserved Classes)|
IBPS PO Exam Pattern 2022 for Prelims
- Mode of Examination– Preliminary Exam of IBPS PO will be conducted in online mode.
- Number of Sections– There are 3 sections in IBPS PO Prelims viz. English Language, Quantitative Aptitude, and Logical Reasoning.
- Duration of Exam– The exam will be for 1 hour (60 minutes).
- Nature of Questions– Questions in the exam will be objective type (MCQs). Each question will have 5 options wherein only 1 option will be correct.
- Marking Scheme– Each question will carry 1 mark. Also, there is a provision of negative marking i.e. for every wrong answer, 0.25 marks would be deducted.
- Language of Exam– For the English section, the questions will be set in English Language only, the rest of the sections will be offered in English and Hindi languages.
- The aspirants must check the previous years’ question papers to know more about the exam.
- IBPS PO Prelims is a qualifying paper.
- Candidates qualifying for this paper will be eligible to appear for IBPS PO Main Exam.
- The marks secured in this exam will not be considered while compiling the final IBPS PO result.
- There will be a sectional cutoff and overall cutoff to qualify for the IBPS PO Main exam.
|Section Name||Total Questions||Total Marks||Duration||Medium of Exam|
|English Language||30 questions||30 marks||20 minutes||English|
|Quantitative Aptitude||35 questions||35 marks||20 minutes||English and Hindi|
|Reasoning Ability||35 questions||35 marks||20 minutes||English and Hindi|
|Total||100 Questions||100 Marks||60 minutes||–|
IBPS PO 2022 Exam Pattern for Mains
- Mode of Examination– IBPS PO Main will be conducted in both online and offline mode.
- Number of Sections– There are 4 sections in the IBPS PO Main exam viz. English, Data Analysis & Interpretation, Reasoning & Computer Aptitude, and General Awareness. IBPS PO Main Exam will have a Descriptive Paper having 2 questions- Letter Writing and Essay writing.
- The appearing candidates have to check the detailed IBPS PO Mains syllabus before they start preparing.
- Duration of Exam– The exam will be of 3 hours 30 minutes (3 hours for objective paper and 30 minutes for descriptive paper).
- Nature of Questions– There will be 155 multiple choice questions and 2 written questions. Each question will have 5 options wherein only 1 option will be correct.
- There will be sectional cutoff and overall cutoff.
- A specified sectional time limit will be allocated to attempt each section in the Main exam.
- An IBPS PO cutoff list will be prepared where candidates having higher scores/marks will have their names on top of the list.
- Candidates with a higher score will be given priority for the interview.
|IBPS PO Mains Pattern Paper||Section Name||Total Questions||Allotted Time||Total Marks||Medium of Exam|
|Objective Test||English Language||35 Questions||40 minutes||40||English|
|Data Interpretation and Analysis||35 Questions||45 minutes||60||English & Hindi|
|Reasoning and Computer Aptitude||45 Questions||60 minutes||60||English & Hindi|
|General/ Economy/ Banking Awareness||40 Questions||35 minutes||40||English & Hindi|
|Descriptive Test||English (Essay and Letter Writing)||2 Questions||30 minutes||25 Marks||English|
|Total||157 Questions||3 hours 30 minutes||225 Marks||–|
IBPS PO 2022 Exam Pattern 2022 for Interview
- Candidates who qualify for the Main exam are eligible for the interview round.
- The interview round will carry 100 marks.
- This is the final stage in the IBPS PO Selection Process.
- This round carries a 20% weightage in the final result.
- Through this round, a candidate’s communication skills and personality are examined.
Highlights of IBPS PO Interview
- The minimum mark to qualify for the Interview round is 40% for General Category candidates. Candidates belonging to the reserved category must score at least 35% marks. Thus, it is important to prepare well for the interview with the best preparation strategies.
- The final Merit List is prepared based on the score in the Main exam and Interview performance.
- IBPS PO combined score would be declared based on scores obtained by the candidates in the Main Examination and Interview in the ratio of 80:20
- After the interview round concludes, provisional allotment will be done as per the vacancies in different banks.