RRB Group D exam will be held tentatively from February 23, 2022, with COVID-19 protocols. Recently, RRB has also released an important notice regarding the Group D application form modification. As per the notice, the link is going to be live from December 15, 2021, to December 26, 2021, for those candidates whose applications have been rejected on the ground of invalid photographs and /or signatures. Candidates are advised to check the guidelines in CEN no. RRC 01/2019 notification. The applicants can solve previous years papers to score well in the exam.
Secondary (class 10th) passed or ITI passed candidates are eligible to apply for RRB Group D. The RRB Group D selection process is in 4 stages. The RRB Group D exam pattern, selection process, syllabus, result, expected cutoff, and preparation tips have been discussed here in detail.
RRB Group D Exam 2022 Highlights
RRB Group D exam is a good opportunity for Secondary (class 10th) passed candidates who want to join Indian Railways. RRB released the official advertisement for RRB Group D vide CEN: RRC-01/2019 on February 23, 2019, for more than 1 lakh posts. Over 1.25 crore applications were submitted.
The highlights of the RRB Group D exam are as follows:
|RRB Group D Exam Highlights||RRB Group D Exam Details|
|Full Form of RRB||Railway Recruitment Board|
|Full Form of RRC||Railway Recruitment Cell|
|Advertisement Number||CEN: RRC-01/2019|
|Exam Conducting Body||RRC undertaking of RRB|
|Download Link||RRB Group D Official Notification|
|Number of Vacancies||103769|
|Eligibility Criteria||Secondary (class 10th) Passed/ ITI Passed|
|Number of Stages in Selection Process||4 (CBT, PET, DV, Medical Test)|
|RRB Group D Posts and Department||Electrical: Assistant Loco Shed, Assistant Operations, Assistant TL & AC, Assistant TL & AC (Workshop), Assistant TRD|
|Engineering: Assistant Bridge, Assistant Track Machine, Assistant Works, Assistant Engineering|
|Mechanical: Assistant (Workshop), Assistant C&W, Assistant Loco Shed (Diesel)|
|Medical: Hospital Assistant|
|Stores: Assistant Depot|
|Signal & Telecom: Assistant|
|Traffic: Assistant Pointsman|
|Type of Posts in RRB Group D||Non-gazetted posts as per Level 1 of 7th CPC|
RRB Group D Exam Dates 2022
The RRB Group D exam dates were announced along with the official notification but it was delayed as RRB could not find a suitable exam conducting agency. It is further delayed in the wake of the coronavirus pandemic.
RRB Group D Exam Dates 2022 are as follows:
|RRB Group D Exam Events||RRB Group D Exam Dates|
|Date of Advertisement||February 23, 2019|
|Commencement of Online Registration||March 12, 2019 (5 pm onwards)|
|Last Date of Online Registration||April 12, 2019 (up to 11.59pm)|
|Last Date for Online Applications Fee Payment||April 23, 2019 (up to 11.59pm)|
|Last Date for Applications Fee Payment through SBI/ Post Office Challan||April 18, 2019 (up to 1pm)|
|Final Submission of Online Application||April 26, 2019 (at 11.59pm)|
|Application Modification Start Date||December 15, 2022|
|Application Modification Last Date||December 26, 2022|
|Admit Card Date||4 Days prior to Exam Date|
|Computer Based Test Date||February 23, 2022 (Tentative)|
|RRB Group D CBT Answer Key/ Result/ Cutoff||To be released soon after the exam|
|RRB Group D PET||To be held soon after CBT result|
|RRB Group D DV/ Medical Fitness Test||To be held soon after PET result|
|RRB Group D Final Result||To be announced soon|
RRB Group D 2022 Eligibility Criteria
RRC lays down very generic eligibility criteria for RRB Group D posts such that even an average or below average level aspirant can apply.
- The candidates must be Indian citizens to apply for RRB Group D. A subject of Nepal, Bhutan, a refugee from Tibet, or a person of Indian origin who migrated from other countries to permanently reside in India is eligible to apply.
- The educational qualifications that an RRB Group D applicant must possess are:
- Class 10th pass certificate, or
- ITI degree or diploma
Candidates in their final year of study or awaiting their results are not eligible to apply.
- General category candidates within the age group of 18 to 33 years are eligible to apply for RRB Group D. Other category candidates such as OBC/ SC/ ST/ Ex-Servicemen/ PWD will get age relaxations as usual.
The crucial date for reckoning the age is July 1, 2019. The upper and lower limit of date of birth for different categories are as follows:
|Age Group||Upper limit of Date of Birth (Not earlier than)||Lower limit of Date of Birth (Not later than)|
|18 to 33 years||UR||OBC (Non-Creamy Layer)||SC/ST||For all communities/ categories|
|July 2, 1986||July 2, 1983||July 2, 1981||01.07.2001|
- Apart from these, every RRB Group D applicant must meet the Medical Fitness criteria as specified by RRC viz., A-2, A-3, B-1, B-2, C-1, C-2.
RRB Group D Vacancies 2022
As per the official notification, there are 1,03,769 non-gazetted posts to be fulfilled in various units of Indian Railways through the RRB Group D exam 2022.
RRB Group D Application Process 2022
Candidates can apply for RRB Group D through online mode only. It is advised to all the candidates to read the official notification carefully before starting to fill up the application.
The step-by-step instructions for RRB Group online application process are as follows:
- New Registration: Select the RRB which you wish to apply for and click on “New Registration”. The RRB once selected cannot be changed after the Registration Number is allotted.
- Registration Details: Enter your name, Date of Birth and Father’s Name, Mother’s Name, Aadhaar Number, Secondary (class 10th) Registration Number, Year of Passing, Mobile Number, and Email-Id and then submit. After verification of mobile number and password through OTP; Registration number will be displayed on screen.
- RRB Group D Application Process Part-I: Candidates need to provide the details of Educational Qualification, Community, Gender, Religion, Ex-SM, Minority, EWS, and other details as applicable.
- RRB Group D Application Process Part-II: The candidate has to indicate his/her priority/preference of the posts.
- Payment and Bank Account Details: On completion of the above application process the candidates will be directed to the payment page. RRB Group D application fee payment can be done online as well as offline mode.
|Category||Application Fee||Application Fee Amount to be Refunded after CBT|
|General (UR)||Rs. 500/-||Rs. 400/-|
|PwBD / Female /Transgender/ Ex-Servicemen candidates and candidates belonging to SC/ST/Minority Communities/ Economically Backward Class.||Rs. 250/-||Rs. 250/- (deducting bank charges)|
- Exam Language and Other Details: Select the language of RRB Group D exam 2022. However English is the default language. Fill in other details like Mother Tongue, Identification Marks, Permanent Address, etc.
- Photo Id Proof: Candidates will have to fill in the details of a valid Photo ID card in the application which they will have to bring in as proof during CBT, PET, DV, Medical, or any subsequent stages of the exam.
- Bank Account Details for Application Fee Refund: Candidates who have appeared in CBT will be eligible for an application fee refund. Candidates will get a refund of the application fee in the same account through which they have made the payment. Those candidates who do not wish to receive the refund in the account through which payment is done or those who paid their application fee through challan; must furnish the beneficiary account details in the online application form.
- Photograph/ Signature and Caste Certificate Upload: The photograph must have been taken on or after January 1, 2019. The size of the photograph must range between 20 KB to 50 KB whereas the signature must range between 10 KB to 40 KB. Candidates belonging to SC/ST communities will have to upload scanned copies (50 KB to 100 KB) of their caste certificate to avail of a free Railway Travelling Pass during the RRB Group D exam.
- Final Submit: After confirming the declaration candidates can submit their application and download a PDF copy of the submitted application for future reference.
|RRB ALP Admit Card||RRB ALP Exam Pattern||RRB ALP Result|
|RRB ALP Salary||RRB ALP Prep Tips||RRB ALP Exam Updates|
RRB Group D Exam Pattern 2022
The first stage of the RRB Group D exam is a Computer Based Test (CBT). The questions are Multiple Choice Questions (MCQ) type.
The salient features of the RRB Group D exam pattern are mentioned in the table below.
|RRB Group D Exam Particulars||RRB Group D Exam Details|
|Mode of Exam||CBT|
|Type of Questions||MCQ|
|Number of Questions||100|
|Total Marks||100 Questions * 1 Mark = 100 Marks|
|Negative Marking||⅓ Marks for Each Wrong Answer|
|Sections In RRB Group D CBT||General Science (25 Questions)|
|Mathematics (25 Questions)|
|General Intelligence and Reasoning (30 Questions)|
|General Awareness and Current Affairs (20 Questions)|
|Total Time||90 Minutes (1 Hour 30 Minutes)|
It is followed by PET, DV, Medical Examination, and Final Selection.
|RRB NTPC Exam Updates||RPF SI Ques Papers||RITES Apprentice 2022|
|RRB Group D Previous Year Papers||RRB Group D Cutoff||RRB Group D Exam Dates|
RRB Group D Selection Process 2022
RRB Group D selection process has 4 stages viz.,
- Physical Endurance Test (PET)
- Document Verification
- Medical Fitness Examination
The candidates who qualify for the CBT are called for PET. The number of candidates called for PET is 3 times the community-wise total number of vacancies for the posts.
The RRB Group D PET is qualifying in nature and passing is mandatory. The qualifying criteria for male and female candidates are different. It is as follows:
|Male Candidates||Female Candidates|
|Should be able to lift and carry 35 kg of weight for a distance of 100 metres in 2 minutes in one chance without putting the weight down; And, Should be able to run for a distance of 1000 metres in 4 minutes and 15 seconds in one chance.||Should be able to lift and carry 20 kg of weight for a distance of 100 metres in 2 minutes in one chance without putting the weight down; And, Should be able to run for a distance of 1000 metres in 5 minutes and 40 seconds in one chance.|
Based on the performance of candidates in CBT subject to their qualifying in PET, candidates twice the number of vacancies will be called for Document Verification (DV)/ Medical Fitness Test as per their merit and options.