Join Indian Navy 2022 – Careers
The responsibilities of the Indian Navy cover promoting the bilateral relations between the nations. It could be through joint exercises, humanitarian missions, and goodwill visits. If a person wants to join the Indian Navy, then there are two types of positions of taking an entry. These are:
We will be telling how you can get entry into the Indian Navy for the two aforementioned positions in the next section. Furthermore, we will be discussing all the Entrance level examinations which will help you join the Indian Navy.
Indian Navy SSR AA Exam Pattern 2022
The Indian Navy SSR AA Exam 2022 will be conducted soon and will be an online test. The candidates will be notified soon regarding the exam dates but till then it is very essential for the candidates to check the exam pattern and syllabus before appearing for the examination. The candidates will have to appear for the online Written Test, Physical Fitness Test, and then the Medical standards.
Number of Questions
Check the Indian Navy SSR AA Cut Off for Previous Years information here.
Written Test for Indian Navy SSR AA Exam 2022
- The online written examination will be conducted online and the duration of this exam will be 1 hour.
- The written examination will include four sections, i.e, Science, Maths, English, and General knowledge.
- The total number of questions asked will be 100 and each correct answer will be awarded with 1 mark and every incorrect answer will have a penalty of 0.25 marks.
- The questions will be asked in both English and Hindi languages and will be objective type.
- The standard of the questions will be 10+2.
- The candidates need to pass in all sections and in aggregate because the Navy reserves the right to determine the pass marks in each section and in aggregate.
Check the Indian Navy SSR AA Books list curated by our esteemed experts right now!
Calculation of Marks
Candidates can calculate their marks after the Indian Navy SSR AA Answer Key 2022 is released on the official website. However, the calculated marks may differ from that of obtained marks.
- Count the number of correct answers marked and the number of questions marked incorrectly.
- Multiply 0.25 with the number of incorrect answers.
- Subtract both the numbers to calculate the approximate marks.
- Approximate marks = Number of Correct answers marked – (0.25 X number of incorrect answers).
Note: The marks calculated will be the approximate marks.
Physical Fitness Test for Indian Navy SSR AA Exam 2022
- It is mandatory for the candidates to pass the Physical Fitness Test (PFT) for selection.
- In PFT, the candidates will have to complete the running of 1.6km in 7 minutes, 20 sit ups (Uthak Baithak), and 10 Push-ups.
- Candidates will have to take the PFT at their own risk.
- Candidates with proficiency in sports, swimming, and other extracurricular activities will be preferred.
Medical Standards for Indian Navy SSR AA Exam 2022
- The Medical examination will be conducted by authorized military doctors as per medical standard prescribed in current regulations applicable to sailors on entry.
- The minimum height required will be 157 cms.
- The minimum chest expansion should be 5cms.
- The candidates are required to have good mental and physical health and are free from any defects, which are likely to interfere with the efficient performance of duties both ashore and afloat under peace as well as war conditions.
Note: AA- the candidates will be recruited on the basis of the all India order of merit on their performance in Written Test, subject to qualifying Physical Fitness Test (PFT) and fitness in Medical Examinations.
SSR-The candidates will be recruited on the basis of State wise merit of their performance in Written Test, subject to qualifying Physical Fitness Test (PFT) and fitness in Medical Examinations.
Indian Navy SSR AA Syllabus 2022
It is very essential for the candidates to know the syllabus to start preparing for the Indian Navy SSR AA Exam 2022. The written examination will have four sections which are mentioned in detail below in this article.
- Physical World and Measurement, Kinematics, Laws of Motion, Work, Energy and Power, Motion of System of Particles and Rigid Body/Gravitation.
- Mechanics of Solids and Fluids, Heat Thermodynamics, Oscillations, Waves, Electrostatics, Current Electricity.
- Magnetic Effect of Current and Magnetism, Electromagnetic Induction and Alternating Current, Electromagnetic Waves.
- Optics, Dual Nature of Matter and Radiations, Atomic Nucleus / Solid and Semiconductor Devices, Principles of Communication.
- Metals and Non-Metals, Organic Chemistry, Food, Nutrition and Health, Physiology and Human Diseases, Computer Science.
- Relations and Functions, Logarithms, Complex Numbers, Quadratic Equations, Sequences and Series, Trigonometry.
- Cartesian System of Rectangular Coordinates, Straight Lines Family of Straight Lines, Circles.
- Conic Sections, Permutations and Combinations, Vectors, Exponential and Logarithmic Series, Sets and Set Theory, Statistics.
- Introduction to Three Dimensional Geometry, Probability Function, Limits and Continuity, Differentiation, Applications of Derivatives.
- Indefinite Integrals Binomial Theorem, Matrices, Determinants, Definite Integrals.
- Passage, Preposition, Correction of sentences, Change active to passive/passive to active voice.
- Change direct to indirect/indirect to direct, Verbs/Tense/Non-Finites, Punctuation.
- Substituting phrasal verbs for expression, Synonyms, and Antonyms, Meanings of difficult words.
- Use of adjective, Compound preposition, Determiners(use of a, the, any, etc), Use of pronouns.
General Knowledge Syllabus
- Culture and Religion, Geography: Soil, Rivers, Mountains, Ports, Inland Harbours, Freedom Movement.
- Sports: championships/Winners/Terms/No. of Players, Defence, Wars and Neighbours, Current Affairs.
- Important National Facts about India, Heritage, and Arts, Dance, History, Languages, Capitals, and Currencies.
- National : Bird/ Animal/ Sport/ Flower/ Anthem/ Song/ Flag/ Monuments, Eminent Personalities.
- Common Names, Full forms, and Abbreviations, Discoveries, Diseases and Nutrition, Award, and Authors, Eminent Personalities
- Spatial, Numerical, Reasoning & Associative Ability, Sequences, Spellings Unscrambling, Coding, and Decoding.
Indian Navy SSR AA Preparation Tips
- Develop a habit of daily newspaper reading. Prefer reading English newspapers. These papers also cover International affairs. This will help you improve your General Knowledge and Current Affairs knowledge.
- Candidates can also go for E-learning. They can subscribe to channels and apps that provide debates and videos about the ongoing events in the world.
- For Science, the candidates should clear their basic concepts first. Refer to NCERT books to build up knowledge. Learn the terms and concepts descriptively.
- For Mathematics, regular practise is a must. Start off with clearing the concept and formulae of a topic and then start solving its questions.